Senior Digital Project Manager
Digital Fuel is a leading digital marketing agency with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia and has offices in the UK and Hong Kong. As part of its services, Digital Fuel is an outsourced digital marketing consultancy firm.
The Senior Digital Project Manager role requires someone with strong digital project management background and a proven ability to effectively manage complex projects from start to finish.
The candidate will play an instrumental role internally to help promote positive changes in the agency’s ways of working and directly with client once the project has moved past the strategy/discovery phase. The candidate will be leveraging from their deep understanding of digital technologies and process to coach and guide teams and clients. This role requires the ability to communicate and drive decision making process from within the agency and with clients.
The Project Manager will also be expected to lead a complex project from initiation through to implementation by leveraging on his/her ability to define the project scope/approach, incorporating input from key specialist areas throughout the project lifecycle and driving the end solution to reach the projected outcome.
This role is based in our UK office / available for remote working.
- Define project approach and develop intricate and all encompassing (all streams – client, partners, vendors, internal and across all capabilities) project plans
- Oversee and help steer projects to ensure that the projects meets and exceed financial and campaign objectives
- Cast assignments and engage the appropriate resources through the project lifecycle to promote a high performing and effective team
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration with creative and client services team to manage transition between direction and execution of campaigns
- Lead, train and mentor members of the Project Management team
- Identify risks and help mitigate them throughout the project life cycle
- Control difficult and challenging projects by garnering support from internal teams and negotiations with client and 3rd parties
- Identify and carve business opportunities through knowledge of existing projects
- Lead the project team during project initiation phase by setting up the necessary project governance and project controls
- Be involved in the pitch process
- Review and assess current delivery process and affect positive changes as part of agency continuous improvement
- Ensuring adherence to agency policy and procedures
The correct candidate must be seasoned in digital project management techniques. They must have a detailed knowledge of the complexities of digital delivery and the primary importance of risk management throughout. The candidate is expected to be a ‘Digital Native’ with strong advocacy for collaboration. Someone who has empathy for the contribution of their colleagues, but who also has a clear moral compass and self-determination for doing the right thing at the right time.
- Working experience in digital industry in excess of 3 years.
- Proven track record of delivering large scale digital deliveries (in excess of £500k)
- Professional Project Management qualification (i.e. PMI, Prince2) is highly desirable
- Proven track record of delivering projects across various industries (i.e. Gaming, Gambling, Government, FMCG, Automotive, Financial)
- Experience delivering projects in a variety of delivery methodology. Experience with Agile methodology is preferable
- Good knowledge of paid search, display advertising, WordPress, Analytics, Tag Management Solutions such as Goggle Tag Manager
- Good knowledge of Google products and other digital marketing channels
- Evidence of line management and development of Project Managers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project is to be expected
- Strong budget management skills
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- Strong presentation, training and client facing skills
- In-depth communication and written skills
- Experience in working with client and internal teams to develop and negotiate project scopes
- Great problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven organisational skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to articulate Project Management methodology – processes, practices, team management, project delivery phases.
- PC skills – word processing, spread sheet, email and presentation packages
- Interest in the evolving digital media industry
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate complex insights to a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and awareness to deliver reports efficiently and to deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of agency processes and direct marketing and digital marketing techniques
- Confident, highly motivated and takes initiatives
- Passionate about agency process and end products
- Strategic thinkers and consultative
- Able to identify business & user value