Senior PR & Social Engagement Manager
Digital Fuel is a leading digital marketing agency with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia and offices in the UK and Hong Kong. Our fast growing marketing agency is looking to recruit an experienced Senior PR & Social Engagement Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that provides an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment that encourages and rewards ‘out of the box’ thinking, teamwork and innovation.
With an ever-growing portfolio of clients in the digital ecosystem, we seek an enthusiastic positive driven applicant who has a proven ability to drive an outreach strategy that will deliver positive results for our clients.
You will get to work with a growing, exciting and modern company, with a tight-knit team, spread across the world. Because we’re a growing company, things are often changing so your work will be varied. You will get to solve new problems and learn new things on a regular basis.
You will need to be business-savvy, and understand the impact of your recommendations and solutions in terms of client KPIs and ROI. You will be responsible for public relations and social engagement across a select number of our clients as well as being part of the implementation team.
Having an understanding of paid search, display advertising, SEO and web design, plus be able to communicate effectively with internal and customers marketing teams will be highly beneficial and preferably have previously worked within the gambling, gaming or sports industry.
A background encompassing agency life will be essential as is the ability to manage and motivate across departments, a good knowledge of digital performance marketing while ensuring the successful delivery of work on time and to budget. The candidate must also possess great communication skills, and must be confident in handling client and internal meetings, and attending new business pitches (in support of the business development team).
This role is based in our London office / available for remote working.
The primary focus will be to get the agency’s highly creative campaigns and content to be noticed and shared on social media platforms, top-tier media and highly influential bloggers. The candidate will need to have 3 years of strong experience in PR/social media, ideally working agency side in a social or PR-focused role or client facing experience.
You will be working alongside the SEO and campaign team, the successful candidate will help to secure the very best level of coverage for the exciting campaigns that we create, for a range of clients in multiple industries. They will achieve this through building and leveraging relationships with high quality publications and existing clients.
- Have very strong outreach/PR skills and clear evidence of running a wide range of successful campaigns. Likely strong background either client’s side or agency.
- Provide evidence of successful journalistic relationships, which have in the past and will in the future, lead to successful placement of campaign content.
- Have a very good and full understanding of link building and social outreach and how it forms part of a search engine marketing strategy.
- Must have minimum 3 years solid experience in a social media role.
- Must have experience moderating channels independently and proven responsibility for day to day management of several accounts online communities.
- Competent with all social listening and measurement tools.
- A solid experience of uploading content to core social channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Must watch TV – and be passionate about it.
- A detailed understanding of the social media landscape – to include lesser used but growing platforms like Pinterest, Tumblr, Snapchat etc.
- A thorough – and ongoing – knowledge of trends in digital marketing and social media landscape.
- Be a team player; with the ability and interest in supporting the wider team, solving problems and coming up with solutions when challenges arise.
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to come up with innovative and original ideas for campaigns for a wide variety of clients. Can give examples from previous roles.
- Be required to support the wider teams in promoting our creative campaigns to the highest tier media in order to secure the very best coverage.
- Have an arsenal of journalistic, bloggers, PR and media industry contacts.
- Have a relevant academic qualification and/or have already secured top-tier news coverage in the past.
- Be able to adapt their tone according to the vertical and audience.
- Have a strong ability to identify and develop hooks and angles, dependent on the publication.
- Numerate and literate with the ability to produce top quality written content.
- Good working knowledge of major social media channels including Facebook and Twitter.
- Self-starter with a positive outlook.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Passionate about SEO, PR and Social Engagement with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new platforms and channels.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with good communication and presentation skills.
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving.
- Must have excellent client management and communication skills.
- Be aptitude and eager to learn quickly in a dynamic and fast moving industry.
- Preferably but not essential the candidate has previously worked within the gambling, gaming or sports industry.
- Championing best practice and internal processes – ensuring you lead by example with rigour and attention to detail at all times.
- The ability to motivate the account and operation team.
- Business development skills: spotting opportunities.
- Influence the content strategy across all our clients marketing touch points.
- Work with in house and external copywriters; use their creative flair to produce stimulating content including video, images, copy etc.
- Use content to deepen brand engagement and spur increased sales for our clients.
- Be able to analyse the target audience, understand what their interests are and where they spend their time online.
- Engage in narrative planning and shape key communication themes to be implemented across all platforms including the wider marketing strategy.
- Develop guidelines and measurement (KPIS etc) to determine clear objectives and ensure the business is propelling forward, learning from past campaigns and using this insight to better future campaigns.
- Manage of PR content – feeding agencies with stories and owning key KPIs.
- Set the Social Media strategy for our clients and manage creative delivery.
- Manage, create and monitor content for SEO and social networks.
- A can-do attitude to produce high quality results over volume.
- A strong track record of delivering compelling content across various channels (including PR, SEO, Social Media).
- Strong experience developing copy and content, perhaps in gaming, gambling, retail, media, entertainment or similar.
- Proven expertise of Social Media including blogs and large numbers of followers.
- Content strategy road mapping experience.
- Experience in email marketing and lead generation campaigns.
- Experience of understanding market research.
- A degree and a strong track record in content marketing.
- Confident, highly motivated and takes initiatives
- Passionate about agency process and end products
- Strategic thinkers and consultative
- Able to identify business & user value