Senior SEO Manager
Digital Fuel is a leading digital marketing agency with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia and offices in the UK and Hong Kong. Our fast growing marketing agency is looking to recruit an experienced Senior SEO Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that provides an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment that encourages and rewards ‘out of the box’ thinking, teamwork and innovation.
With an ever-growing portfolio of clients in the digital ecosystem, we seek an enthusiastic positive driven applicant who has a proven ability to drive an SEO team that will deliver positive results for our clients.
You will get to work with a growing, exciting and modern company, with a tight-knit team, spread across the world. Because we’re a growing company, things are often changing so your work will be varied. You will get to solve new problems and learn new things on a regular basis.
The candidate will have strong experience 3 years in digital marketing, ideally working agency side, with client facing experience.
You will need to be business-savvy, and understand the impact of your recommendations and solutions in terms of client KPIs and ROI. You will be responsible for the account management of SEO projects as well as being part of the implementation team.
Having an understanding of paid search, display advertising, SEO and web design, plus be able to communicate effectively with internal and customers marketing teams will be highly beneficial and preferably have previously worked within the gambling, gaming or sports industry.
A background encompassing agency life will be essential as is the ability to manage and motivate across departments, a good knowledge of digital performance marketing while ensuring the successful delivery of work on time and to budget. The candidate must also possess great communication skills, and must be confident in handling client and internal meetings, and attending new business pitches (in support of the business development team).
This role is based in eith our London or Sydney office.
The role will be to devise and implement SEO campaigns across a number of assigned client accounts. Responsible for ensuring the efficient day to day technical management of these accounts. Your role will be but not limited too:
- Managing a team of PR Managers, Social Strategists, Social Community Managers and SEO Outreach Managers.
- Carrying out ‘hands on’ on-site and technical changes.
- Analysing and drawing insight from third party analytics data.
- Conducting advanced level keyword research.
- Developing innovative on-going off-site campaigns.
- Creating and executing creative marketing and link bait-style campaigns and integrating social media activity deeply into the search mix in order to maximise results across all digital channels.
- SEO professional with at least 3 years experience of digital marketing.
- Have a passion for emerging platforms and good knowledge of effective SEO strategies and techniques.
- Have a thorough comprehension of HTML, CSS and web standards.
- Very good knowledge of Google Analytics and other major third party analytics platforms.
- Numerate and literate with the ability to produce top quality written reports.
- Good working knowledge of major social media channels including Facebook and Twitter.
- Self-starter with a positive outlook.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Passionate about SEO, with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new platforms and channels.
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with good communication and presentation skills.
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving
- Must have excellent client management and communication skills.
- Must have excellent proven organisational, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have a creative eye with attention to detail.
- Be aptitude and eager to learn quickly in a dynamic and fast moving industry.
- Must always be proactive with a positive attitude.
- Proven successful track record in an SEO role within a fast-growing business.
- Very strong technical SEO knowledge.
- Able to create and implement SEO strategies, and to communicate these to clients.
- Knowledge of keyword research/selection.
- Experience using 3rd party tools such as Webmaster Tools, Linkdex, Google Analytics, Cognitive SEO, Majestic SEO, MOZ, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog, and others etc.
- Commercial awareness, the ability to think from an ROI perspective and to quickly differentiate the most impactful tasks/projects.
- Proactive with a can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Confidence and charm to push back on client when their requests are potentially detrimental to account performance.
- A strong ability to juggle tasks, prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Accustomed to delivering work of a very high standard.
- Experience in managing others and a direct team.
- Preferably, but not essential, the candidate has previously worked within the gambling, gaming or sports industry.
- Championing best practice and internal processes – ensuring you lead by example with rigour and attention to detail at all times.
- The ability to motivate the account and operation team
- Business development skills: spotting opportunities
- Confident, highly motivated and takes initiatives
- Passionate about agency process and end products
- Strategic thinkers and consultative
- Able to identify business & user value