Graphic Designer & Web Developer
Digital Fuel is a leading digital marketing agency with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia and offices in the UK and Hong Kong. Our fast growing marketing agency is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Account Manager within our E-sports & Daily Fantasy Sports team. With an ever-growing portfolio of clients in the digital ecosystem, we seek an enthusiastic positive driven applicant who has a proven ability to meet sales targets.
You will get to work with a growing, exciting and modern company, with a tight-knit team, spread across the world. Because we’re a growing company, things are often changing so your work will be varied. You will get to solve new problems and learn new things on a regular basis.
The Senior Account Manager will need to be able to adeptly manage tight deadlines and prioritise work on several key accounts.
The candidate will have strong experience 3 years in digital marketing, ideally working agency side, with client facing experience.
The candidate will have to be well-rounded, not only in the type of websites you’ll be working on but also in the kind of people you’ll be working alongside. In this position, you’ll report to the Head of Design & Development and collaborate with a talented group of developers, copywriters, and project managers to design and produce responsive websites and landing pages.
You’ll also create compelling digital ads, marketing emails, charts, logos, icons, and other multimedia graphic elements that support and promote our brands. Be prepared to confidently present and sell your concepts, referencing the client’s business strategy and proven design theory to validate your choices.
Having an understanding of paid search, display advertising, SEO and web design, plus be able to communicate effectively with internal and customers marketing teams will be highly beneficial and preferably have previously worked within the gambling, gaming or sports industry.
A background encompassing agency life will be essential as is the ability to manage and motivate across departments, a good knowledge of digital performance marketing while ensuring the successful delivery of work on time and to budget. The candidate must also possess great communication skills, and must be confident in handling client and internal meetings, and attending new business pitches (in support of the business development team).
This role is based in our Sydney office.
- Campaign management including; briefing, supervising and presenting work, monitoring progress, schedules and costs on all work undertaken by Digital Fuel.
- A thorough understanding of contemporary design trends.
- Appropriate use of colour, scale, space, and typographic treatment to present a clear hierarchy of information.
- Effective use of static and interactive graphic elements to deliver clear brand messaging and promote usability.
- Sound judgment in the use of web fonts and consistent typographic styling.
- An understanding of responsive grid systems, including efficient and attractive presentation of content at multiple breakpoints.
- A strong desire to continuously explore and implement new creative concepts and technology.
- Sufficient knowledge of HTML and CSS to communicate styling and functionality to the development team.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, HAML, SASS, jQuery, and Git are important.
- You are able to quickly diagnose and solve code problems (StackOverflow is your friend).
- You have an understanding and appreciation for the many facets of designing for the modern web, including responsive design and progressive enhancement/graceful degradation.
- You are competent at testing and ensuring your code’s cross-browser, cross-platform compatibility.
- You have the ability to use Adobe Creative Suite, along with an understanding of graphic design concepts and how they apply to the web.
- Some experience dealing with HTML email and its quirks a plus.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, want to grow a business, and love working with a team.
- You are comfortable using data to support and validate your concepts.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Representing the agency in the marketplace. Maintaining the agency’s standards and reputation in all external dealings.
- Maintaining detailed above the line and below the line knowledge of integrated marketing and client marketplaces and sharing this knowledge with the account team and clients.
- Over 3 years marketing/creative agency experience.
- Proven sales and account management skills.
- Project management skills: ability to juggle more than one task.
- Time management and prioritisation.
- Ideally degree level education in any subject desirable.
- A good knowledge of integrated and performance digital marketing.
- The ability to handle stressful situations and help others cope with stress.
- Tact and diplomacy, respect for other people’s opinions.
- PC skills – word processing, spread sheet, email and presentation packages.
- Interest in the evolving digital media industry.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate complex insights to a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and awareness to deliver reports efficiently and to deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of agency processes and direct marketing and digital marketing, print collateral design, typography techniques.
- Evaluation of strategic and creative proposals.
- A creative approach to problem-solving.
- Confidence presenting internally and to clients.
- The ability to motivate the account and operation team.
- Business development skills: spotting opportunities.
- Confident, highly motivated and takes initiatives
- Passionate about agency process and end products
- Strategic thinkers and consultative
- Able to identify business & user value